Dear Blog, Love Me
I have realized that all my museum coworkers are twins with my Kmart coworkers.... there is even a guy named Nick there. I know. I KNOW. Haha. Anyways, I realized it a few weeks ago when we were still training. It just clicked all of a sudden. There was Brittaini. And Linda. And even my cousin Nichole was there. I started figuring out who all was there. Garth, Sara, even Racheal graced me with her presence... which was really hard at first, since Racheal and I aren't friends anymore... so, that was kinda weird. Oh, yeah, Alex and Lorin! Yeah! You guys are there too! Oh, and funnily enough, the guy Nick acts like he's the coolest guy in the world... just like another Nick we all know ;) Haha.
Anyways, it made me think: Are there other Cassandra's out there? I mean, seriously? Am I not original? Is there always that "type" in the work place? Everyone says that there is always one annoying coworker at work, but maybe there's one of everyone at work, ya know? I mean, maybe there is always going to be the one's who are always right, the hard workers, the flirts, the shy ones, the innocent ones, and me- the coolest of them all- the one who brings everyone together..... by having everyone make fun of her. I mean, if I worked anywhere, would there be the same people there? I guess I just never realized that before... but it's like being in a classroom. You're always going to have the kid who gets a 100% on an exam that everyone else fails. Or the person who flirts with the smart kid to get all the answers, or the class clown. Maybe stereotypes really are real. Why do we stress so much that they aren't? Why is it a bad thing to fit into the mold? I mean, we don't need to have a High School Musical moment here and start singing about sticking to the status quo and all, but I'm just saying! Why are we always encouraged to break out of our comfort zones? I happen to like mine, thank you very much! And it happens to make the work place a very enjoyable place :)
Anyways, I just wanted to give a shout out to my old coworkers from Kmart. I miss you guys :) Seriously. It's nice to have constant reminders around about all of you :)
Anyways, it made me think: Are there other Cassandra's out there? I mean, seriously? Am I not original? Is there always that "type" in the work place? Everyone says that there is always one annoying coworker at work, but maybe there's one of everyone at work, ya know? I mean, maybe there is always going to be the one's who are always right, the hard workers, the flirts, the shy ones, the innocent ones, and me- the coolest of them all- the one who brings everyone together..... by having everyone make fun of her. I mean, if I worked anywhere, would there be the same people there? I guess I just never realized that before... but it's like being in a classroom. You're always going to have the kid who gets a 100% on an exam that everyone else fails. Or the person who flirts with the smart kid to get all the answers, or the class clown. Maybe stereotypes really are real. Why do we stress so much that they aren't? Why is it a bad thing to fit into the mold? I mean, we don't need to have a High School Musical moment here and start singing about sticking to the status quo and all, but I'm just saying! Why are we always encouraged to break out of our comfort zones? I happen to like mine, thank you very much! And it happens to make the work place a very enjoyable place :)
Anyways, I just wanted to give a shout out to my old coworkers from Kmart. I miss you guys :) Seriously. It's nice to have constant reminders around about all of you :)




Comments
Post a Comment