Moose Moments

“I saw… something.

We’d spent almost 12 hours in the car that day, driving through Yellowstone, seeing all the sights, and watching for as much wildlife as we could find. We'd been seeing "somethings" all day. Bison, bears, elk, deer, etc. It was a very eventful day. 
PC: dricks
And beautiful! God sure knew what He was doing when He created Yellowstone. Just BREATHTAKING. 

For anyone who knows me even a little bit, you know I LOVE moose. They’re my favorite animals. The first time I knew I was going to see a moose I started crying. Yes. Kristen Bell sloth style crying. I am obsessed with the animals. So, I was really eager to see a moose while we were at Yellowstone last weekend, and was a little disappointed when I hadn’t seen one after spending the entire day in the park.

But, of course I was still frantically scanning the quickly darkening landscape as we drove back to our cabin, in hopes that a moose would appear. I had definitely had a few conversations with God about wanting to see a moose that day. 

And then, about 5 minutes from our cabin, a girl in my car saw SOMETHING. Frantically honking at our friends in the car in front of us, we turned around, and I jumped out of the car out of sheer happiness of getting to see my moose. There it was. Just hanging out. Eating leaves. I’m tearing up right now thinking about it.
PC: werickson, cuz I was freaking out too much to take a pic of my moose!
And everyone was SO happy for me. No. Not just happy. They’d been PRAYING for me to see my moose. They’d chanted a moose calling. They’d been scanning the landscape for me as well. Even though they’d seen what they wanted. Even though it wouldn’t matter if I saw a moose or not. Even though we were almost home.

And the rest of the drive back to the cabin was a discussion about our prayers being answered. In the 11th hour. When hope had almost been lost. 4th floor last door. Patience brings miracles. Yes. The rest of the drive was basically a testimony meeting of all my friends reminding me that GOD LOVES ME.
PC: rwhetstone
For something as silly as seeing a moose.

But, really, Readers, it’s what was going through my head even before it happened. I had felt like I was going to see a moose. And I knew it was going to be when I least expected it. In that 11th hour (literally, we’d been going for almost 12 hours). In an almost impossible sighting – it was dusk. It was hard to see something that dark. Right as hope was about to be lost – we were 5 minutes from our cabin.

To prove that I was not forgotten. To remind me again that He - God - loves me.

Often in my life I have had those moose moments - the extra blessings that God decides to give me, even though I've already been showered with a million blessings. Those moments where I'm given a glimpse of how much God cares about my life, even when it seems like I'm a mess. 
PC: ejackson
It's that patience that always seems to hold me up. That patience to see God do the impossible. Work a miracle in the 11th hour. 

Enduring to the end is one of the most important parts of faith! What if we had stopped looking for the moose? What if we just said, "well, we didn't see it, I guess let's move on." What if everyone hadn't been praying for me? What if we had given up hope??? 

Thank goodness for my wonderful friends who love me enough to pray for silly things like letting me see a moose. Thank goodness for a loving Father in Heaven who never tires of working miracles in my life. 

PC: werickson

Comments

Popular Posts