"All's Well That Ends Well"
I've been obsessed with Sara Bareilles lately. Her song, "Brave" and "Chasing the Sun" have basically become the theme songs of my life. Isn't that funny how music can impact you in such weird ways? I always seem to have some song stuck in my head, whether pop, classical, or some trumpet music I've been playing, or re-playing in my head- it's always there! It was even worse when I was in band. I would constantly be humming the song, and it got to the point where my siblings could jump in and sing along with me.... I remember the first time my little sister did that... I was so embarrassed! I did not even realize I was humming out loud, let alone had been doing it so long she could sing it along with me!
"Let your words be anything but empty." "I want to see you be brave." "You said, remember that life is not meant to be wasted; we can always be chasing the sun! So fill up your lungs and just run, but always be chasing the sun!"
I seriously think she wrote these songs based on my life. I've been thinking a lot about what I'm doing, and where we're all going, and what good I've been to the world a lot the last few months, and I really feel like I've become such a different person. Good, not bad different.
Remember my last post when I talked about President Monson's biography? Well, it has changed my life. I love, love, love the Book of Mormon with all my heart. I love seeing the people of our past turning to the Lord, and the hope that is promised by the Gospel. It brings me so much joy. President Monson is a modern day prophet. If we are just reading the Book of Mormon, we will be blessed, and gain testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel, but if we do not keep up to date on what our modern revelators are preaching, and the great examples they are, we will be like the rest of the world, thinking we do not need modern day revelation. It is so relevant today! It is inspiring to read about the prophets and faithful members in the Book of Mormon upholding the laws of God, but it is even more inspiring to me when people around me today are upholding the laws, and worshiping God as they should. It is so hard right now, and to read of our leaders doing the impossible, because they turned their lives over to the Lord just astounds me. How can people be so humble and faithful and dedicated, and hardworking? I wish I was more like that.
I wish I didn't get scared to speak up and voice what I know to be true. I know the teachings of Christ will only bring joy, and not misery- misery is from Satan. Confusion and chaos- those are Satan's tools. God provides understanding and knowledge. If we forget Him, and all He does, we'll be lost.
I feel like I try to speak up and people ignore me... or I get scared, or intimidated, or too tired to say anything.... Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who feels the way about things that I do... but I'm not, I hope. Or maybe I am. Maybe I'm a little strange. Maybe I see the world in a peculiar way, and no one else sees it like that.
"And since your history of silence won't do you any good, did you think it would?" "You can start speaking up."
Am I too outspoken? Sometimes I worry about that, and get really self-conscious, and then I end up not saying anything. Why do I do that? I used to say everything all the time, and now I keep it all to myself, and get frustrated with myself for not saying what's going on in my mind.
Even as I write this, I feel like I have too many thoughts, and my mind is going in too many directions, I'm not fully explaining anything. I guess that's just how I am. I'm sorry. Random thoughts from a random person.
"Say what you want to say, and let the words fall out, honestly I wanta see you be brave."
"Let your words be anything but empty." "I want to see you be brave." "You said, remember that life is not meant to be wasted; we can always be chasing the sun! So fill up your lungs and just run, but always be chasing the sun!"
I seriously think she wrote these songs based on my life. I've been thinking a lot about what I'm doing, and where we're all going, and what good I've been to the world a lot the last few months, and I really feel like I've become such a different person. Good, not bad different.
Remember my last post when I talked about President Monson's biography? Well, it has changed my life. I love, love, love the Book of Mormon with all my heart. I love seeing the people of our past turning to the Lord, and the hope that is promised by the Gospel. It brings me so much joy. President Monson is a modern day prophet. If we are just reading the Book of Mormon, we will be blessed, and gain testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel, but if we do not keep up to date on what our modern revelators are preaching, and the great examples they are, we will be like the rest of the world, thinking we do not need modern day revelation. It is so relevant today! It is inspiring to read about the prophets and faithful members in the Book of Mormon upholding the laws of God, but it is even more inspiring to me when people around me today are upholding the laws, and worshiping God as they should. It is so hard right now, and to read of our leaders doing the impossible, because they turned their lives over to the Lord just astounds me. How can people be so humble and faithful and dedicated, and hardworking? I wish I was more like that.
I wish I didn't get scared to speak up and voice what I know to be true. I know the teachings of Christ will only bring joy, and not misery- misery is from Satan. Confusion and chaos- those are Satan's tools. God provides understanding and knowledge. If we forget Him, and all He does, we'll be lost.
I feel like I try to speak up and people ignore me... or I get scared, or intimidated, or too tired to say anything.... Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who feels the way about things that I do... but I'm not, I hope. Or maybe I am. Maybe I'm a little strange. Maybe I see the world in a peculiar way, and no one else sees it like that.
"And since your history of silence won't do you any good, did you think it would?" "You can start speaking up."
Am I too outspoken? Sometimes I worry about that, and get really self-conscious, and then I end up not saying anything. Why do I do that? I used to say everything all the time, and now I keep it all to myself, and get frustrated with myself for not saying what's going on in my mind.
Even as I write this, I feel like I have too many thoughts, and my mind is going in too many directions, I'm not fully explaining anything. I guess that's just how I am. I'm sorry. Random thoughts from a random person.
"Say what you want to say, and let the words fall out, honestly I wanta see you be brave."


Comments
Post a Comment