The Girl in the Green... Sweater
I always seem to follow the fashion trend a year after it all becomes fashionable.... why, you ask? Well, it takes me a while to warm up to the idea of the fashion. Skinny jeans? I thought those were hideous when people first started wearing them... in fact, I couldn't understand the appeal, until I put on ten pounds my last semester of college, and I needed new pants asap, and the skinny ones were the only ones I could afford/ find. Wow. It was one of the most life changing purchases I have made. Ok, well, not really. But do you know why they're called skinny jeans? Because they make you look skinny! I always feel so fat if I wear any pants besides my skinny ones. Seriously. I love skinny jeans.
Which brings me to my most recent purchase- the sweater. Of course I've owned sweaters before. Duh. I was born in Phoenix; the only form of warmth we purchased were sweaters. And I attended BYU-Idaho... you'd better believe I owned a couple sweaters there. But, I've never really been a sweater girl, like, I wear a sweater as a shirt, and I think it's comfortable, and I think it looks cute... yeah. That was never something I thought I could pull off. But guess what? I can pull that off. I really can. And guess what else? I love it. I love my sweaters!
Do I sound materialistic yet? Please say I do. It's better than sounding unhappy with life, right? Because who could be unhappy with the perfect job? And an amazing house? And a trip home next week? And a great family? And... everything?
Which brings me to my most recent purchase- the sweater. Of course I've owned sweaters before. Duh. I was born in Phoenix; the only form of warmth we purchased were sweaters. And I attended BYU-Idaho... you'd better believe I owned a couple sweaters there. But, I've never really been a sweater girl, like, I wear a sweater as a shirt, and I think it's comfortable, and I think it looks cute... yeah. That was never something I thought I could pull off. But guess what? I can pull that off. I really can. And guess what else? I love it. I love my sweaters!
Do I sound materialistic yet? Please say I do. It's better than sounding unhappy with life, right? Because who could be unhappy with the perfect job? And an amazing house? And a trip home next week? And a great family? And... everything?


...and the perfect brother-in-law who reads my blog and is married to my perfect older sister and they have perfect little boys. The end.
ReplyDeleteoh geeze. and humble, too. um, sister, where is the pic to accompany this post?!
ReplyDelete