I Took The One Less Traveled By

When I was a little girl I watched that movie, ET. That is by far the scariest movie I have ever seen. It gave me nightmares for weeks. ET still gives me the creeps. I can't even write about him that much, because I'm home alone and... he really scares me. After countless nights of me having nightmares, my parents did one of the best things they could have done for me, and that has shaped my life for the better. My parents, being the amazing examples that they are, took me to the store and let me pick out two pictures of Christ. I still have those pictures. They told me to hang them above my bed, and when I woke up from a bad dream I should look at those pictures and say a prayer to Heavenly Father to protect me from the bad dreams and to make them go away. I don't remember what happened after that. I don't remember how long the bad dreams lasted, or how many nights I woke up to say a prayer to Heavenly Father for help and comfort. I do know that I still pray to my Heavenly Father every day. Every prayer I say includes me seeking for help from my Father in Heaven. My parents taught me at a young age to trust in the Lord. I am forever grateful to them for that.

In my last post I told you all that I had quit my job. I also told you that I was relying on the Lord to get me through this and help me find a new job. This did not mean that I was sitting at home, waiting for the dream job to knock on my door. I was applying for jobs left and right, as well as asking people to look out for job opening for me. I ended up going to ward temple night last Wednesday. It was awesome of course. Since I live in Salt Lake City I have the wonderful opportunity to attend the Salt Lake Temple. Afterwards we walked around temple square and talked with some of the sister missionaries there. It was amazing to hear one Sister from Greenland tell her story. She and her family are the only members in all of Greenland! How crazy! I could not imagine my family being the only members in the country! That night I went home and felt at peace with life, as I have felt ever since I quit the museum job. It was so nice.

The next day I received the call I had been waiting for. A job that I had interviewed with the previous week had decided to hire me! I was so happy! I am now the new Scheduling Specialist at the University of Utah in the Registrars Office. I could not be happier. It is full time, much better pay, it comes with benefits, and it is still at the U, which is literally five minutes up the road from where I live.

Now, as Ammon says, I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom. I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things. (Alma 26:11-12).

That is my absolute favorite scripture, have I mentioned that? I find it to be truer every day. I am constantly amazed at the blessings that the Lord bestows upon me when I reach out for His help. I know I didn't get that job because of my own achievements. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, and that it is a great plan that will be for my benefit, and not to my detriment. He wants me to be happy. He wants me succeed in life. I never understand why people do not want to turn to the Lord for help. He is there, waiting patiently, eager to help us become the best that we can, if only we reach out to Him.

When I first started blogging about a year ago I did not know what this was going to turn in to. I knew I would be updating about my life, but I did not realize I would be turning this into my own personal testimony blog. The thing is, I can't write about my life without mentioning all the blessings God has given me. They are many, and often, and how can I live such a blessed life and not try to share that with the rest of the world, or at least my good friends who I care so deeply about?

Comments

Popular Posts