Never Mind I'll Find Someone Like You

Today as I was filling up my cup at Panda Express I realized I am a major daddy's girl. Whenever we go get fastfood, my daddy always gets the soda, but no straw. He always gives one straw to my mom, and then puts his straw away to be used by us later, when we need a straw randomly. The number of times we have dug through our van and found a straw right when we needed one has got to be a world record. Anyways, my daddy always just drinks the soda without a straw. Today I filled my cup with lemonade, then turned to walk away from the soda machine and in that split second of turning it dawned on me that I was just like my dad. I didn't even waste time getting a lid for the drink; I just walked to my seat and sat down. I was kind of shocked. I mean, I have always been a daddy's girl- why do you think I own two trumpets? I am my father's favorite, after all. I was even going to be a lawyer at one point. Yes. You could say that I love my daddy. Today was just an eye opener to how much of a daddy's girl I am.

And it's not just the strawless drinks. My daddy always drinks out of a glass cup. Growing up, we could use paper and plastic for dinner, but it was always expected that my daddy have a glass cup. We even traveled and he would bring a glass cup sometimes in the car. I know. But that rubbed off on me. I love glass cups! If I can help it, I always use glass. I proceeded to break all four of the glass cups I had in college- have I mentioned I'm kind of a clutz? Haha. It was really sad, losing all those cups... but I moved onto my glass mugs, and had to deal with Davenport's water for a year and a half... so, the glass breaking was probably a good thing, haha. But I do love me my glass cups. Just like my daddy.

Also, on a side note, my contacts keep ripping. I have gone through 4 contacts in the last month- are you kidding me?! These are all month long contacts. They just keep ripping. Why is that? I have never had problems with my contacts before. It is so frustrating, because I'm trying to stretch these to last as long as possible- I really don't want to set aside money for new contacts anytime soon. 

Funny Story: I have this bad habit of typing and saying out loud what I am typing. This occurs whether I am texting, emailing, or blogging. It is quite funny, if you are the person walking in on the conversation, but totally embarrassing to me. I also have this habit of singing- all the time. Random band pieces will pop into my head and without me knowing I start humming it out loud. In high school, my little sisters would start humming the pieces with me when I would be doing it subconsciously- that is how much I did it. It is getting kind of embarrassing. All my roommates would laugh at me in college when I would do this- it really came out when I was writing a paper. The end. 

Comments

Popular Posts