The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ
Three major things happened this week:
(1) I got a new laptop
(2) My roommate moved out and I moved into her old room
(3) I finished the Book of Mormon... again.
As much as I would love to brag about how cool my new laptop is, and how ridiculously awesome my new room is, I actually wanted to focus this blog on the Book of Mormon.
Ever since I can remember my family has been doing scripture study together. We rotate through all the standard works (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants) but the Book of Mormon is always read between each book. So, we'd read the Old Testament, and then the Book of Mormon, and then the New Testament, and then the Book of Mormon. See? So, growing up I had this super strong love of the Book of Mormon. It has long been my favorite book. I got really familiar with all the lessons and characters in the Book, which made studying it in Seminary in high school, and then at BYU-Idaho in all my religion classes so much more meaningful. I even studied the Book of Mormon in one of my history classes in college as a history book- umm, if you don't believe it is true through the Spirit, you can see the truthfullness through history. Yep. Anyways, my second semester of college my Book of Mormon professor had us write our testimony of the Book of Mormon on the last page of the book, and so every time I finish reading it, I see my testimony I wrote as a freshman in college, and I see how my testimony has only grown since then of the Book. I thought I would share my testimony as a freshman with all of you.
(1) I got a new laptop
(2) My roommate moved out and I moved into her old room
(3) I finished the Book of Mormon... again.
As much as I would love to brag about how cool my new laptop is, and how ridiculously awesome my new room is, I actually wanted to focus this blog on the Book of Mormon.
Ever since I can remember my family has been doing scripture study together. We rotate through all the standard works (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants) but the Book of Mormon is always read between each book. So, we'd read the Old Testament, and then the Book of Mormon, and then the New Testament, and then the Book of Mormon. See? So, growing up I had this super strong love of the Book of Mormon. It has long been my favorite book. I got really familiar with all the lessons and characters in the Book, which made studying it in Seminary in high school, and then at BYU-Idaho in all my religion classes so much more meaningful. I even studied the Book of Mormon in one of my history classes in college as a history book- umm, if you don't believe it is true through the Spirit, you can see the truthfullness through history. Yep. Anyways, my second semester of college my Book of Mormon professor had us write our testimony of the Book of Mormon on the last page of the book, and so every time I finish reading it, I see my testimony I wrote as a freshman in college, and I see how my testimony has only grown since then of the Book. I thought I would share my testimony as a freshman with all of you.
April 5th, 2009
This book is true. I don't understand how people can NOT see how true it is. Why wouldn't you? Christ is such a relief from the chaos of the world. I especially loved the war chapters. That is how we can protect our families. Put Christ at the center, and we'll be able to conquer the storms that pound against our lives. Everything in this book testifies of how much greater our lives will be with Christ at its head. I have loved reading and studying this book. I will continue to do so my whole life. It is such a strength to have in these times of trouble. How else will we be able to conquer Satan? Christ cares about us so much. That was evident in his visit to the American people. I'm so thankful I am a member of this Church. I know Christ lives. What a blessing to me.
My testimony still stands today. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Christ lives. I'm so thankful to have the best parents ever who instilled a love of the gospel in my heart forever.



Comments
Post a Comment